|Things to Know:
The left side is a quick overview: what you're supposed to look out for, treasures you may find in the area, what monsters to expect, any bosses you have to fight, and any important information you have to know. Plus pictures.
The right side will go into more detail; where exactly to find the treasures, directions (if necessary), tips, and all in all more detailed info.
The walkthrough will be sectioned into chapters based on the save game title. Got that? Good. Let's get going!
|Chapter 11: Collect the Cannon Orbs
|Treasures in Town:
Treasures at Raging Mountain:
-Hyper Magic Type
|Chapter 10: Maya's Sooo Dead!
Before you move on with the story, power-up at Tonio's and Hobbs. Finish any of the sidequest's I mentioned before if you haven't already. Collect if you want to. In the meantime, finish the last two sidequests...
Side Quest: The Legendary Items
Now that you've got all the Legendary Items - Shield, Sword, and Helmet - it's time to cash in on them. Go to the tavern and talk to Jargen. He'll comment about them. Give him all three. He can now make his special
dishes! Just talk to Jargen and a special option is now available called "Today's Special". You need certain monsters coins to have him make his dishes but each will give you stat inceases. He can only cook 10 dishes
before the Legendary items break. But guess what? You get a Platinum Coin when they do, so it's all cool! Anyways, here's his dishes:
1. Pollywog Souffle - 50 Pollywog Coins - Increase Strength by 2 - best place to collect: Carona Forest, 3rd area after Stone Face region
2. Mushroom Soup - 60 Fungie Coins - Increase Max MP by 10 - best place to collect: Mel's Atelier, Ball World - hit fungie game
3. Gudon's Liver Soup - 30 Gudon Coins - Increase Defense by 2 - best place to collect: Underground Ruins, labyrinth area
4. Minced Fire Blob - 50 Fire Blob Coins - Increase Max HP by 10 - best place to collect: Raging Mountain, area before Wylaf
If Jargen isn't saying the dish you want cooked, you can either leave town and come back or go to sleep at the inn. Check back with him and his Special should change.
Side Quest: Hyper Magic Type
Head to Raging Mountain and go see Wylaf. Rue will say his good-bye's and head to the Fortress. Wylaf shows up and talks to you. He gives you a chance to get a present from him as well - a very powerful magic. But first,
you have to prove yourself. This time, you have to fight him completely. This battle will be just like the previous one except it will take much longer. Use your long range magic attacks to hit him and when you run out,
hit him directly when he's on the ground.
After your battle, you will receive the Hyper Magic Type - sweet - and run back to town. Watch the sequence between Wylaf and Fancy Mel... interesting...
Go talk to Rod about getting a ride to the Fortress. He'll help you but you have to collect some cannon orbs before you guys can leave. Here's where to get them:
2. Tavern - Belle and Duke
3. Hobb's - must have 5,000G at hand
4. Fancy Mel - must play with at least one Poppul Purrel game to get orb
5. After you collect 4 cannon orbs, head back to the field and talk to Belle. Rod and Duke will show up with the 5th and last cannon orb.
Due to Rod's injury, it looks like you'll have to rely on Duke's ability. When you're ready to leave, head to Chapter 12: Final Battle. I suggest you finish with the Legendary Items side quest
before you continue though. Freebie power-ups and all, there's no excuse not to.